My name is Claude Heiland-Allen. I'm from London, UK. I'm interested in
art, computers, free software, maths, science. Here are some of my projects.
updated sporadically with things I'm working on.
my microblog on the Fediverse.
hosts some of my git repositories. I code a lot.
my system for performing live music by coding in the C programming
language, to manipulate audio processing algorithms.
is a simple XY oscilloscope, to help me debug my code.
is a text mode audio file viewer.
is a live-coding system for bytebeat/rampcode with postfix notation.
mathr&netz play ommatidia.live, live audio-visual improvisation with hardware synths.
Fractals are patterns which have details on all scales.
A lot of my artistic and research time is spent on them.
is my fork of Kalles Fraktaler,
a fast deep zoomer for escape time fractal graphics like the Mandelbrot
set and Burning Ship, and is probably my most widely used software for
is an autonomous fractal explorer bot.
is a tool to reproject exponential map keyframes into zoom videos.
is a draft of a book about the Mandelbrot set that I started.
Here is a list of other parts of my website, it's a bit of mess and
needs a thorough reorganisation, but it is what it is:
- various tools for classic Amiga interoperability, including transferring data to/from Linux via MIDI SysEx messages
- HsExt, for writing Pure-data externals in Haskell (abandonware)
- approximating mathematical functions efficiently
- machine learning algorithms that attribute their sources properly
- bytebeat livecoding environment
- concept album (unfinished)
- a slow techno piece made with clive
- experiments in hyperbolic space
- some Burning Ship fractal things
- wall calendars (for some years)
- live-coding audio in C
- 3D clusters emulating endosymbiosis
- physical objects
- audio-visual drone
- distance estimate for fractals with iteration behaviour like z → a zp
- "unpink" noise generator for classic Amiga
- recordings of a clive performance (2012)
- a new fractal zoom video every day in the month of dezoomber
- printed diaries (for some years)
- audio fingerprint discrimination and resynthesis via Haar wavelets
- some drawings
- techno generator in Pure-data
- compiling Pure-data / libpd for web with Emscripten
- fractal art book
- escape-time fractals powered by a formula compiler
- miscellaneous tools for manipulating EXR image files
- multichannel XY oscilloscope for JACK
- some glitches
- interactive audio-visual graph-directed iterated function system fractal installation
- patches to GridFlow for Pure-data
- graphical untyped lambda calculus interactive interpreter
- choice of 61 drones using EDO tunings
- text mode audio file viewer
- miscellaneous bits related to Haskell programming
- find the needle in icosohedral haystacks
- At The Helm Of The Burning Ship conference paper and slides
- visualize Haskell heap profile graphs as SVG
- hybrid escape time fractal video loop
- inflector gadget for Julia morphing
- miscellaneous bits related to Incidents At Sea DVD project (unfinished)
- n-body gravity audio-visualization
- concept for juggling robot
- Kalles Fraktaler 2 +, a fast deep zoomer for escape time fractals
- concept for reaction-diffusion meetings
- concept for fractal narrative
- a fractal photo mosaic postcard from London
- it's easy to get lost if you don't know the area
- static corpus version of the above
- Lyapunov Space Of Coupled FM Oscillators conference paper and slides
- miscellaneous bits related to the Mandelbrot set
- smoothly looping animations zooming into the Mandelbrot set
- slow matings of quadratic Julia sets
- jwm-art.net/mdz has gone away
- a dynamic audio-visual crystal
- GPU-based Mandelbrot set explorer (abandonware)
- iterated function system fractal audio-visual video loop
- colouring book with Turing patterns
- compute multifractal spectrum of 2D HDR images
- a neural network looking at itself
- scanned research notebooks
- short fiction
- zoom video tool
- annotate Haskell source code with profiling heatmap
- audio-visual sliding tile puzzle
- physically inspired ray tracer for Fragmentarium
- autonomous fractal explorer bot
- A System for Processing Digitally Sampled Sound project report (AS Computing)
- dataflow in Lua
- the greenest technology is the one you already have
- a small techno music video
- miscellaneous bits related to Soft Rock EP (part III)
- archiving code in book form
- concepts related to writing with writing
- audio-visualization of Mandelbrot set rendering algorithms
- 2D framework for Fragmentarium
- download original files from archive.org
- playing Tetris optimally badly
- deprecated, see zoomasm
- zoom video reprojection from keyframes
I make a small amount from these things you can buy:
An abstract colouring book based on reaction-diffusion Turing patterns: mathr.co.uk/morphogenesis
An abstract calendar for 2018 based on integer sequences containing the number 2018: mathr.co.uk/calendar/2018
A week-per-view diary for 2019 with abstract grids for drawing on or colouring: mathr.co.uk/diary/2019
Or you can donate via ko-fi.com/claudeha.
(back to top)